Bouchercon 2007 had:
- Chugach mountains via horseback
- Glacier-fresh seafood (piles of)
- A win (sincere thanks to Deadly Pleasures, Mystery News, and their readers)
- A non-win (sincere congrats to Dana Cameron)
- Reindeer (mild or hot, with onions)
- Old friends
- New friends
- Good times
I only wish I had a valid excuse beyond helpless dumbitude. The founders of Crimespree—Jon Jordan, Ruth Jordan, and Jen Jordan, aka The Jordan Media Group—were the very first people to start talking about my first novel, Dirt, on Internet newsgroups and elsewhere, and their support and friendship has meant a lot to me over the years. That makes this award extra special.
All of which I would have said last Thursday night, had I been able to read a clock. And the Favorite Book of 2006 award goes to. . .the big fat jerk who just came in an hour late. Sheepish thanks (and hearty side-congrats) to Shamus winnner and all-around bloke Declan Hughes for being a proper Sean Doolittle. Eternal apologies to Jon, Ruth, Jen, and all involved with Crimespree Magazine. My subscription renewal check is in the mail. . . .